Poison Information Centre Here
Emergency Calls National Access 13 11 26
Police and Emergency Services 000
Government Departments for Family Issues and Children’s Services
- Oversees early childhood care and services for South Australian families
- Provides services that benefit children and families
- Lead and manage South Australia’s education system
- Information for child care providers and licensees, families and community and staff.
- Information about Child Care Benefits, and quality Child Care
- For information on the National Quality Standard
- For information on policies for Early Learning and Child Care Centres
- Information on Early Years Learning Framework and My Time, Our Place
Legislation, ratings and standards information on the National Quality Framework
- Helps to support families and children through programs and services and benefits and payments
- Helps people who, through circumstance, may be struggling financially, at risk of harm, or isolated.
- Family Assistance Office: Child Care Benefit payments/rates
- Centrelink and Medicare
- Through its specialist judges and staff, assists Australians to resolve their most complex legal family disputes.
- The Family Court website includes information and resource sheets in plain English relating to family law.
- The Office of Consumer and Business Affairs (OCBA) provides accessible services and information to business and consumers.
Parenting and Children’s Health
- Government supported information about many issues for parenting and children’s health and wellbeing.
- Information for parents and other carers of young children on general health and other child care issues.
- Promotes the status of Parenting, and the importance of effective parenting practices. Information about Parent Helpline, and Parenting Groups.
- Information on the importance of healthy eating and physical activity for children.
- Information, news and publications relating to health and medical research.
- The NHMRC publishes the manual “Staying Healthy in Child Care”.
- (Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne) contains more than 400 Australian and 370 International website links.
- These links give up to date information for professionals and parents interested in the early childhood years.
- Downloadable copies of Childcare and Children’s Health Bulletins and Parent Fact Sheets on multiple topics – all available in 6 different languages.
- Dedicated to preventing unintentional childhood injuries and reducing the resulting deaths and disabilities associated with childhood accidents in children under the age of 15 years.
- Keeping baby safe – a guide to nursery furniture.
Non-English speaking resources
- Search information on subjects, then choose your language.
Resources additional to the above
- Training for staff. Network SA management support, supports effective management and governance of centre based child care and outside school hours care in South Australia.
- Advice, support and information about financial management, human resource management, leadership, and administration issues.
- ARMSU Cultural Awareness Team, supports the inclusion of Aboriginal children in mainstream centre-based child care.
- Support Aboriginal families to access care for their children; directors, operators and child care staff to create culturally aware and welcoming environments for Aboriginal children and families; and child care workers to provide culturally and developmentally appropriate care and education programs for Aboriginal children.
- Staff training, cultural experiences for children in centres, and resource library and book and equipment sales.
- A subscription industrial and legal accountability service for managers of children’s services in South Australia
- Works with Government, early childhood professionals, parents, other carers of young children, and various lobby groups to secure the best range of options and outcomes for children as they grow and develop. L
- Links to many other organisations, search on topics.
- Provider of children’s services training, development, resource and advisory programs; includes a specialist bookstore for children’s services.
- Specialised children’s services organisation that advocates and works with families, children and communities of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds to enhance their participation in child care services.
- Assistance with additional support for special needs, or children from non-English speaking backgrounds. Training and information on multicultural subjects, and resource library.
- This page has NHMRC publications to download including a full copy of “Staying Health in Child Care: Preventing Infectious Diseases in Child Care”.
- Responsible for administering industrial relations legislation and managing all occupational health, safety and welfare functions in South Australia.
- This site includes copies of industrial awards (e.g. child care (SA), clerks (SA) and rates of pay. It also has many useful and informative publications to download.)
- Information and advice about Australia’s workplace rights and rules, including awards and national employment standards.